Paint Realistic Watercolor and Botanicals – STUDIO BASICS Free Download Udemy Com
This foundation tutorial will help you understand essential work+studio basics for realistic watercolour and botanicals
- You don’t need to do a thing! This is the FIRST STEP. This course will help you know where to start if you are a beginner, what you can improve if you’re already away, or for those seeking to find ‘their thing’… to simply decide IF watercolor is for you. This is a predominantly informative tutorial, however you can practice some of the demonstrations I explain in this content for yourself. This is all about getting the RIGHT processes and materials, so watch this BEFORE you buy anything… then play all you like!
This is a foundation watercolour course from a highly experienced, competent artist and tutor. This tutorial is jam packed with wonderful hints, tips, and insights on everything from studio environments, to materials, to important work practices. The course finishes with 2 levels of exercises, specifically designed to familiarise you with the most common water-colour techniques needed for realistic watercolors and botanicals. This comprehensive guide will definitely get you off on the right foot… and to keep you going and growing! With well over 3 hours of knowledge rich content on how to get started in this medium, this is a wonderful opportunity to gain quality insights into the beautiful world of water-colour painting, and launch you onto your own painting path successfully.
- Anyone who is interested in watercolors should take this course
- This course is especially helpful to those who prefer realistic painting and natural subjects
- People who would love to paint in watercolour, but aren’t sure where to start
- People who have some experience, but are looking to improve their knowledge and skills in the watercolour medium
- This course is for everyone who has contacted me with watercolour questions!
- This is the foundation course for anyone looking to take my subsequent ‘step by step’ water-colour painting tutorials
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 1 Article
- 2 Supplemental Resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- Know how to GET STARTED ON THE RIGHT FOOT!
- Understand sound studio, materials and technique basics needed to create realistic watercolour and botanical paintings
- Learn about materials so you understand what to purchase… don’t waste money on the wrong things!
- Learn how to improve your environment, approaches and results of your own work
- Build practical strategy towards successful outcomes
- Feel confidence in yourself by getting the right information
- Prepare yourself for my subsequent ‘hands on, step by step’ tutorials
Heidi Willis ~ Renowned Natural History Artist, Botanical Illustrator and Watercolour Painting Tutor
Australian born, Heidi Willis is an entirely self-taught Natural History watercolour artist. Her work intricately illustrates our native and exotic plants, flowers, fruits and seed capsules, whilst her powerful & distinctive portraits of our spectacular bird life offers viewers an insight into the world as she experiences it. Painting full-time since 2003, Heidi quickly established herself as one of Australia’s emerging artistic talents. Her reputation as a leading natural history, wildlife and botanical artist is well established and her meticulous and intricate studies of botany and birds can be found in significant public and private collections around the world.
Heidi’s work has featured in prominent national and international exhibitions over her career. Highlights include The Waterhouse Natural Science Art Prize six times to date. The Waterhouse Natural History Art Prize is one of Australia’s most prestigious and richest art competitions held by the South Australian Natural History Museum. Several of her works have been showcased as a finalist at the Focus On Nature exhibitions, a leading international Natural History Art Prize held in the New York State Museum. Her work has also featured and won awards in both Botanica and The Margaret Flockton Award, hosted by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney.
Her work is held in the permanent collection at the Hunt Institute for Botanical Documentation PA, USA and her work has also been included in the highly regarded Shirley Sherwood Collection. Her work has also been featured in several publications, most significantly Better Homes and Gardens Magazine, Craft Arts Magazine, Colophon, SA Life, International Artist Magazine (front cover), twice in Artist’s Palette Magazine (front cover), twice in Australian Artist Magazine (front cover) and Australian Geographic Magazine multiple times over, with her work featured on the front cover of Artist’s Palette issue 123. Most recently, Heidi was taken on by Australian Geographic as a freelance botanical illustrator where her work features in the Nature Watch section of the magazine.
With her work in such demand and her watercolour masterclasses booked out over a year in advance, she has turned her focus to online teaching in order to reach and help more people pursue and achieve their own watercolour goals.